Postdoctoral Position at Institut Curie, Paris. «Single-Cell RNA-seq Analysis and Data Visualization»
Full Time, 1 year, renewable to 2 years.
Salary: According to experience
Closing Date: 31st of July 2019 Starting Date: November 2019
A postdoctoral position is open in the «Development of Mucosal lmmunity and Tissue lntegrity Lab» headed by Pedro Hernandez, which will be opening on September 2019 at the Genetics and Developmental Biology Department of lnstitut Curie in Paris, France.
Transciptomic analysis at the single-cell level has revolutionized our understanding of the existence and behavior of cell type diversity during development as well as of the different states of the immune system, enabling the discovery of novel potential therapeutic targets far several pathological disorders. Our team focuses on identifying and studying mechanisms regulating mucosal innate immune responses and epithelial integrity making use of the zebrafish model.
The zebrafish offers significant experimental advantages including high fecundity, external development, easy genetic manipulation, small size and transparency. We are combining these advantages with single-cell transcriptomic profiling to study mechanisms regulating the diversity, plasticity and function of different cell lineages during innate immune responses.
We are looking for a candidate with proficiency and documented laboratory research experience, particularly in bioinformatics analysis. The candidate will lead single cell genomics pipelines and will be responsible far the development, enhancement and maintenance of the scRNAseq program of the lab.
– Solid skills and experience in bioinformatics with a proven track record in handling NGS datasets and developing analysis pipelines far single cell analysis
– Good knowledge in biostatistics and experience in programming (R, peri, C or python)
– Highly motivated researcher with interest in developmental biology and/or immunology Ability to work independently
– Fluency in both spoken and written English
– Wet lab experience on library preparation will be an advantage but is not mandatory
– Experience or motivation to learn biological experimentation utilizing the zebrafish would be a plus
The candidate will benefit from the top-level scientific environment of lnstitut Curie, and of state-of-the-art technological platforms, including a Bioinformatics Department. The lab is located in the Curie campus in the heart of Paris providing interdisciplinary expertise and a very friendly and international environment.
Please send: CV including publications, a statement of interest, and the names and email addresses of 2-3 potential referees to email@example.com indicating «LASTNAME Postdoc application» in the subject. Far further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org