Meristem is a recently founded R&D company developing precision breeding techniques for fruit cultivars. We are based in the biotech park of the Science for Life Foundation at Zañartu 1482, Ñuñoa, Santiago.
We are looking for an automation specialist to implement pipelines using liquid-handling robots for high-throughput experiments.
The applicant will join an interdisciplinary team of engineers, biochemists, plant biologists and bioinformaticians with a strong academic background in a highly creative environment tackling cutting-edge science. Particularly, we are looking for someone with an engineering background whom will aid in automating processes and technologies for biological experiments.
- Implement, develop and optimise experimental protocols using liquid-handling robots for high-throughput experimentation.
- Develop robotics platforms for high-throughput measurement of biological properties.
- Actively participate in group meetings and discussions.
- Degree in Civil Engineering in Biotechnology or similar.
- Experience using automation platforms.
- Publications and references.
- Immediate availability.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, proactive and capable of independent work that is able to design, conduct and interpret experiments.
Applicants should be able to work collaboratively and a background in molecular biology is highly desired. DIY robotics capabilities is also highly desired.
Contract with competitive market wages.
Please send a detailed CV with the contact information of two references to:
Katerina Ferrat (email@example.com)