Santiago (Chile) — Full time
We’re building the world’s leading microbial genomics company. Want to help?
We use the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. We’re a team of brilliant, friendly people changing the world. Come join us!
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving consumers the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. µBiome was launched in 2012 after a crowdfunding campaign raised over $350,000 from citizen scientists. We are now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and several other leading investors.
Looking forward to our world expansion, we’re looking for a Biostatistician to join our bioinformatics Data Science team in Santiago.
As a statistician, you will both plan and apply a range of statistical approaches to support the mission of our R&D team. Tasks will include analysis and interpretation of research data in support of products, as well as scientific publications.
We are looking for someone versatile and eager to tackle new projects as we move towards increasing our understanding of how the human microbiome affects health and disease.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Biostatistics or experience in the field.
- Proficiency in a high-level statistical computing environments, such as R, to execute data analyses including working with complex and high dimensional data sets.
- Experience in a programming language such as Python is a plus.
- Experience in handling SQL/NoSQL database is a plus.
- You have a thorough understanding of statistical issues, research principles, methods, procedures and standards in both randomized experiments (e.g. clinical trials) and observational studies (e.g. comparative cohort studies, case-control, retrospective/prospective cohort).
- Experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either academically or professionally.
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- You are a quick learner and have high-level analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written English scientific communication skills.
- You have solid analytical skills.
- You are flexible, adaptable and goal-oriented.
- You are able to learn and work independently, yet you collaborate well with coworkers.
- Experience in working with metabolomic, epigenetic and/or microbiome datasets a plus but not required.
What we offer
- Flexible work hours.
- Healthy snacks.
- Your own hardware setup.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Santiago. We have snacks, comfortable furniture, and flexible working hours. You can work from home, or come in to the office when you like. We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so you do not need to dress up or log your hours. You are free to manage your work day, location, and times.