– Cytoskeleton dysfunction in aging and neurodegenerative diseases
– Proteostasis in aging and neurodegenerative diseases
– Axonal degeneration and regeneration in neurodegenerative diseases
– Age-dependent microbiome changes
– Mitochondrial dysfunction in aging and neurodegenerative diseases
– Novel models for aging research (Killifish, Droshopila, mice)
– Stem cell generation (iPSC) from human neurodegenerative conditions
– Neuropsychology of aging and neurodegeneratives diseases
– Aging: Psychosocial studies
– Functional and structural connectivity methods for default mode and salience networks in aging and neurodegeneration
– Computer systems for management and statistical machine learning for clinical data
Labs: Dr. Christian González-Billault, Dr. Andrea Slachevsky, Dr. Felipe Court, Dr. Cesar Cardenas, Dr. Claudio Hetz, Dr. Daniela Thumala, Dr. Miguel Concha, Dra. Soledad Matus, Dr. Rene Vidal, Dr. Rodrigo Assar.
Candidates are encouraged to contact at least two investigators from GERO to explore potential research subjects before applying to the position.
All selected candidates will be asked to apply for the Fondecyt Postdoctoral Competition 2019. Applicants that obtained their PhD before January 1st 2015, are not eligible for this application.
Information about GERO available at www.gerochile.org
Applications should include a CV with a list of publications, a short statement of research accomplishments, a one page research proposal and the contact information of two professional references (via email).
Send information through the application form by May 15th, 2018.