We’re building the world’s leading microbial genomics company. Want to help?
We use the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. We’re a team of brilliant, friendly people changing the world. Come join us!
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving consumers the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. µBiome was launched in 2012 after a crowdfunding campaign raised over $350,000 from citizen scientists. We are now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and several other leading investors.
- IP Expert on specific field of technology: Pharmaceutics / Therapeutics, IP team at uBiome
- Professional with knowledge and ideally experience in the area of licensing, technology transfer and regulatory aspects oriented to the pharmaceutical industry.
- The job will be in Santiago, Chile.
The IP Expert has a very relevant role into the Intellectual property of the company, as our link between other different teams and the IP team at uBiome.
For uBiome’s IP team, you will:
- Communicate with internal teams at the company regarding IP matters, in order to assist and provide support on identification of new technologies to be protected at the company, with any means and types of Intellectual and Industrial property (e.g., utility patents, design patents, trademarks, copyright, etc.).
- Assist and support with IP matters and process within the company, including: new technologies identification, tracking updates and meetings with inventors/teams, review documents and provide feedback, define strategy for broader protection of new technologies, and any other task regarding technical field of expertise related with IP.
- Have knowledge about IP treaties and agreements around the globe (Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), Paris convention, Madrid protocol, etc ) for TradeMark (TM) and Patents.
- Have experience with tools we use: Trello, Excel, Google drive,
- Have high-level English skills (written and spoken).
- Work well in teams and have commitment.
- Have availability for work with/at different time zones, as required.
Nice to have: Communication skills, Knowledge about US law and/or International law regarding IP matters.
Prefered background: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pharmaceutics.
What we offer
- Flexible work hours.
- Healthy snacks.
- Your own hardware setup.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.