We are searching for a highly motivated scientist to join our R&D team in our headquarters location in Puerto Varas, Chile. The role of this scientist will be crucial to develop new enzymatic tools for applications in the area of proteomics and toxicology.
Kura Biotech is the world leading biotech company in the development of enzymes for toxicology, and we are expanding into providing enzymatic tools for proteomic and genetic applications. Since March of 2020, we’ve also been developing COVID testing kits.
If you want to be part of the development of new technologies that will impact biomedical applications in the upcoming decades, we invite you to apply. Cutting-edge precision medicine, production of high-quality targeted-drug conjugates, and even recombinant vaccines, they will all benefit from the work you will do. Did we mention drug testing in a post-covid era? Well now we do.
What would your responsibilities be:
- Design and execute R&D projects for proteomics and toxicology applications.
- Develop robust assays for kinetic characterization and quantification of enzyme activity.
- Express, purify and formulate recombinant proteins.
- Chemically modify/label purified recombinant proteins.
- Train others into new methods or developed protocols.
- Actively participate on R&D initiatives and group discussions.
We are not just another biotech company out there, we are Kura Biotech, and we have four key commitments that guide our actions day to day:
- Human Connections: we’re all persons, and we have to value and respect ourselves as such.
- Give Back Will: we see our community as an ally, and we search for people that are willing to participate in our Give Back program, in which we support social initiatives in Education, Childhood and Environment, initiatives that are proposed and democratically voted within our own team.
- Limitless Spirit: we think big, measuring our challenges by their potential rather than by their limitations.
- Unapologetic Standards: quality and excellence are a must; we don’t look for excuses, we look for solutions so excuses don’t exist.
Do these commitments move you enough to be part of the challenge? If so, there are some additional requirements:
- PhD or 3-4 years of relevant full-time experience in R&D.
- Scientist with a background in biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or similar.
- Experience in purification of recombinant proteins is a must.
- Experience in photoswitchable chemistry or chemical modification/labeling of recombinant proteins is a big plus.
- Experience in enzyme kinetics and design of enzymatic assays.
- Desirable experience in mass spectrometry and/or proteomics.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills and project management.
- Team work skills – Creative & innovative thinker.
What we are offering you:
- To work alongside a highly engaged, challenging, and motivated team.
- To be a part of the worldwide industry leaders in enzymatic development, and the pioneers in the development of COVID testing kits in Chile.
- An amazing work environment, with an astonishing view of Lake Llanquihue and volcanos.
- Annual incentive subjected to assessment.
- Daily on-office lunch.
- Optional and copaid health insurance (with dental, catastrophic, and ophthalmological).
- Annual bonus of up to 2 monthly salaries.
- 5 annual additional rest days after one year within the company.
We are searching for someone who has a fit with us: A proactive person, someone who’s ethically untouchable, with entrepreneurial spirit and high flexibility to face the dynamism of our business.
If you feel identified by this description, don’t hesitate and complete this form: https://forms.gle/AjT4FqmN9HWtVfKCA
We hope to meet you in a future interview. Good luck!
Fecha Publicación: 18 enero 20201