We’re searching for a scientist to join us in creating the best enzymatic tools to streamline sample preparation workflows for genetics, to be a force of good for the world.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a team player who’s passionate about enzymes, how they work, and how we can make a useful reagent out of them. We are after a thorough and curious mind that wants to lead the initial research process of a product before taking it to the market.
This role should bring creativity, autonomy and extensive technical laboratory skills. It has the ability to streamline research processes and to bring an idea into a product prototype for further development. In concert with senior management in the R&D department, you will help develop the product pipeline for the company’s future growth into new market opportunities.
Your success will be measured upon two main objectives:
- Propose new products to the Product Strategy Committee.
- Research and develop new product prototypes for further transferring into final products.
You will be a key member of the Genetics team, reporting directly to the Head of Genetics. You will have the opportunity to become a critical piece in increasing our product development success.
On a daily basis, you will have to show perseverance and frustration management, design experiments, execute them, and communicate your results. And of course, to laugh and to have fun inside and outside the lab with our awesome team.
This role will work in our headquarters lab in Puerto Varas, Chile.
Kura is the largest Beta Glucuronidase producer in the world, leading not only in volume and revenue, but also offering the irrefutable best product in the category.
With the Pandemic, we managed to become one of the key players in the country by supplying the government and several private institutions with the first SARSCov2 PCR detection kits.
With a proven value creation record, unquestionable pivotal skills, and a strong collaborative team, we are looking for new talent to join us in a key moment for the biotechnology industry.
- Fluent in English, both written and orally (Spanish desirable)
- Creativity to think outside the box and bring new ideas
- Rigorous technical laboratory, data management and analysis skills
- Perseverance to finish long-standing projects
- Social abilities to fit and help in the laboratory environment and in Kura
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team with a proactive approach to take on challenging assignments
- Ability to work and deliver within critical timelines
- Proven ability to function at a high independent level with clear lines of communication with key company stakeholders
- Strong project ownership ethic with a “can-do” attitude
- Set objectives along with the team and design experimental plans for achieving them
- Execute experimental plans in the laboratory
- Build reports on said plans, be accountable for them, and make sure that the appropriate stakeholders have the information
- Propose, build, and present new product projects to the Project Evaluation Committee
Desirable PhD/Postgrad studies in biochemistry, microbiology or biotechnology
- At least 5 years laboratory experience (can include post-graduate studies) or 2 years industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience after college graduation & 3+ years of bench experience
- Undergraduate degree with at least 5+ years of bench experience after graduation
- Desirable experience:
- Design and execution of DNA/RNA-related enzyme activity assays
- Different protein purification strategies and optimization (e.g. Affinity, anion exchange, size exclusion)
- Expression of recombinant enzymes in E. coli
- Expression of recombinant proteins in eukaryotic hosts
- Knowledgeable on sample preparation for Illumina NGS
What we offer
- Paid English classes to take you to the role’s required level.
- Daily in-office lunch
- Optional and copaid health insurance
- 1 additional vacation week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- An amazing work environment
- Breathtaking views of Lake Llanquihue in Puerto Varas
If you feel identified by this description, we would love to meet you! Please go ahead and complete the Application Form!
Tipo de contrato: indefinido
Plazo de postulación: 31/08/22
Lugar de empleo: Puerto Varas
Publication date: 17 agosto 2022